Friday, August 15, 2014

Why I am always talking about same thing every time we chat?

I tend to talk a lot about same topic when come to people I would like to share with. I am very curious why able bodied people sees obsession from an Aspie is off-putting themselves? Whole world is all about talking to people about interests, passions and news/gossip. I don't understand Aspies, like myself are always on different talking level when come to able bodied people. Can you recall your interests to me? I would like to talk about it if you tell me what you like to talk about.

I always make myself feel so escastic and exciting when I talk to people in topics of what I like to discuss about. I love the feeling of chemicals flowing in my heart, eventually pours through my blood flow and the brain to get my body feel so dreamy. Most times when I feel this,  I observed that lot of able bodied people get sick and tired of me talking about same thing. I tend to get hurtful easily from their reactions. A sudden of positively becomes like dark ages; like a drained-out heart.

So, why able bodied people don't like to talk about their interests when other people do? It sounds like an excuse. For exmaple - "I am sorry, I don't want to talk about politics because I am not interested in it". One time, I spoken to someone at one of the Greens events, talked about how our environmental legislations get passed in a parlimentary decision making process. When I asked this specific question to her, she got frustrated of me talking about it, before I get to understand how decision making process works. Aspies tend to be slow at processing social cues and language development. I didn't feel comfortable at that stage when she said that to me because I couldn't go out and say like "Sorry I have ASD, I tend to be slow at learning things". When people become patient?!

Over the years (under influence of different scenarios I have been through), I learned that people are always being impatient when come to making conversation. I don't understand we have to be lazy? If I were lazy, I couldn't be bothered talking to anyone! Yes you can call this anti-social. It is sad seeing people around the world coping the impatience issues, it not just Aspies have problems - in general. Though, like Aspies, tend to get upset and negative towards people when they are being impatient to us. I believe this is not a learning curve for me to understand how social implications work!

I am going to have a speech therapy course sometime this Spring. I am hopefully to go through social skills via articulation and speech patterns which I need to work on. As a result of these sessions, I would like to see able bodied people to become patient with me, and other Aspies. Also, I am taking my time and being my best to improve understanding of 'talking topics' when come to people. I am still want to get to know who you are. Why don't tell me about yourself? Eventually from that point of time, you may not get frustrated with me talking about topics.

This blog entry does not apply to online/digital social conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment